The Rab Sustainability Story
Written By: SportsShoes
Rab is applying the lessons learned in the outdoors to the serious challenges facing our world. From climate change and the pressure on precious natural resources to fairness and opportunity for all. Always aiming higher to try and find a better way.
“People look to a Rab product because it does what it says it will do. It performs, and it lasts.” Rab Carrington, Rab Founder
We spoke to Rab to find out more;
Linking up the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
All 17 SDGs are important. But we can’t do everything. There are some goals we can affect more than others; where we can deliver our biggest impact. So, we’re focusing our energy on the 5 key areas that make most sense to us: good health, gender equality, a sustainable economy, responsible production, and the climate.
Innovation isn't found chasing big problems. It's in all the simple changes. Reducing the impact of our products is ingrained into our design process.
As is our obsession with performance.
This is our Rab DNA:
- Rab is a certified Climate Neutral Company for the 3rd consecutive year
- 63% Recycled fabrics vs 46% in 2022
- 17.4% co2e emissions reduction per unit produced vs 2019
- UK and US have eradicated Polybags from 'direct to consumer' shipping (to be extended to Europe in 2022)
- Protecting Factory workers' rights as Fair Wear Leaders
- Stopped using silk in 2021
- Working with Grassroots groups in Europe and North America to improve access to the outdoors
- 6 years of supporting Women's Trad Fest