CREAMY VEGAN ICE LOLLIES RECIPE – HEALTHY SNACKS
Written By: SportsShoes
The temperature is rising and there’s no better time for indulging in refreshing and healthy summer treats. Registered dietitian and health writer Laura Tilt joins us for our latest #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME session to chat us through her favourite home-made summer ice lolly recipes, including this deliciously creamy, 100% vegan cashew, coconut milk and cocoa lollies.
You can catch up on Laura’s other healthy snack recipes here, including her raspberry and apricot rockets and raspberry and hibiscus tea lollies.
Cocoa Chanel- Cashew, Coconut Milk and Cocoa Lollies
Makes approx. 6 x 75ml Lollies
- 200ml/half can coconut milk
- 100g dates
- 15g cocoa powder
- 125ml almond milk or other plant milk (cow’s milk is fine if not vegan)
- 25g cashews
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates and cashews in a bowl and pour over boiling water from a kettle to cover. Leave to soak for 10-15 min.
- Drain and place in a blender with the coconut milk and remaining ingredients. Blend until you have a smooth liquid – a bit like a smoothie. You may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Pour evenly between molds and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Sportsshoes.com’s #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME initiative features exclusive advice and workouts from our ambassadors and experts, helping runners and all fitness enthusiasts to stay motivated, fit and active – at home. Tune in via @sportsshoes Instagram for our latest livestreams covering everything you need to know from stretching and mobility to nutrition and motivating playlists.
For more recipes and diet advice, check out the Nutrition section of our Gym Hub.